|Openings||Up to 5|
City of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
|Date Posted||Jan 29, 2013|
|Occupational Category||Administrative Support, Clerical and Service|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Desired Employment Status||Casual|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
This position belongs to the Administrative Services, Clerical & Services occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Administrative Services, Clerical & Services occupation skills matrix.
Note: Employees will be required to work non-standard hours, nights and weekends.
This position will answer and deal with customer inquiries, service requests and complaints for all programs and services offered at the Major Facilities. The employee will perform cashier duties including receipt of funds, issuance of receipts, balancing and preparation of bank deposits.
Typical duties include:
- Answer and deal with clients inquiries, service request and complaints in person and over the phone
- Perform cashier duties including receipt of funds, issuance of receipts, balancing and preparation of bank deposits
- Accept and process customer applications for facility and program use
- Monitor and allow access of clients to the facility
- Perform general office duties
- Perform office receptionist duties
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
***To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume.***
- One year experience in customer service, cash handling, computer operation and general office procedures
- Knowledge of cash handling policies and procedures
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public
- Ability to handle large sums of money, keep records of account and perform cash balancing
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment
- Ability to prioritize and organize daily tasks
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Ability to use a variety of computer programs
Other Working Conditions
- As per the City of Regina Criminal Record Check policy, the above position has been identified as a “position of trust”. Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Will be required to work non-standard hours, nights and weekends.
Division: Community Planning & Development
Department: Community Development, Recreation & Parks
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 21; Outdoor Pool Cashier: 3B; Major Facility Cashier: 3C
Salary: Outdoor Pool Cashier: $11.94/hour (2012 rates); Major Facility Cashier: $13.14/hour (2012 rates)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.
|Applications are being accepted until December 20, 2013
< < Back