Casual Recreation Worker
|Openings||Up to 15|
City of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
|Date Posted||Jan 31, 2013|
|Occupational Category||Sport & Recreation|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Desired Employment Status||Casual, Part Time|
|Education Level(s)||High School|
This job position belongs to the Sport & Recreation occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Sport & Recreation occupation skills matrix.
If you like working with children, youth and the community, and would also like the option to pick your hours, check out this job opportunity! These positions may assist in facility supervision or the planning, implementation and evaluation of recreation/social programs designed to enhance the lifestyles of city of Regina residents. The Casual Recreation Worker works directly with the community, and ensures that program and facility goals are achieved.
You could work at any number of locations including: the Fieldhouse, South Leisure Centre, Cathedral Neighbourhood Centre, Albert Scott Community Centre, Glencairn Neighbourhood Centre, Core Ritchie Neighbourhood Centre, and numerous other community centres, arenas and even schools around the city.
Successful applicants may select shifts throughout the year during each of the scheduling periods:
- January through April
- May through August
- September through December
Hours: These positions may be required to work non-standard hours and weekends.
Work Assignment Type: Casual
Pay Class: The base salary for this position is $11.94 (CUPE Local 21) however depending upon operational needs, education and qualifications there may be work assignments that will lead to a higher rate of pay of up to $17.49 per hour (2012 rates).
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- A minimum of Grade twelve (12)
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have successfully completed one (1) year post-secondary education in Recreation, Physical Education, Kinesiology or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary educational institution
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of diverse sport, culture, recreation activities and special events
- Experience working with different age groups, specifically children and youth
- Must have a valid Standard First Aid and CPR C Certificate
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- A valid driver’s license (Class 5) and the ability to travel within the City of Regina is an asset
In order to assist us through the screening process, please answer the following questions on your resume:
What experience do you have with the following?
- Working or volunteering with children and/or youth
- Leading and participating in sports, games, creative play or other related activities
- Facility supervision
- Front-line customer service
As per the City of Regina Criminal Record Check policy, this position has been identified as a “position of trust”. Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
* Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
***If you are interested in this position, consider an opportunity as a Cashier. Watch for job postings online.***
The City of Regina values diversity in our workplace and encourages applications from all qualified employment equity candidates.
|Applications are being accepted until December 27, 2013
< < Back