Casual Labourer - Landfill Operations
|Openings||Up to 5|
City of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
|Date Posted||Feb 25, 2013|
|Occupational Category||General Labour|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Desired Employment Status||Casual|
|Education Level(s)||Not Specified|
This job position belongs to the General Labour occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the General Labour occupation skills matrix.
Duration: These positions will be staffed for approximately 4-6 months
Start Date: Please indicate on your resume and/or cover letter your available start date.
Hours: These positions will be required to work non-standard hours and weekends.
Work assignment type: seasonal, variable hours
Interviews: will begin at the end of March
Typical duties include:
- Site maintenance including string trimming and litter pick up
- Operate equipment and vehicles assigned
- Process and complete all customer transactions at the landfill scales, including preparing daily deposit
- Perform general labourer duties in the construction or maintenance areas with the Landfill Operations branch
- Performs related work as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license (Valid Class 1A driver’s License would be an asset)
- Experience operating large and small equipment and hand tools
- Ability to perform heavy physical labour over sustained periods in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to work both independently and in an team environment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good interpersonal skills with fellow workers and citizens are a must
Candidates offered employment will be required to provide a current Driver’s Abstract and a clear Criminal Record Check prior to their start date.
Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
Division: City Operations
Department: Open Space & Environmental Services
Salary: As a casual labourer your base wage will be $12.31/hour; however, the successful candidates will be paid for work performed with a typical base hourly rate ranging from $19.62 to $20.63 (2012 rates).
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
|Applications are being accepted until July 31, 2013
< < Back