Transit Journeyperson - Mechanic (Possible Apprenticeship Opportunities)
|Openings||Up to 5|
City of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
|Date Posted||Nov 04, 2013|
|Occupational Category||Skilled Trades|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Desired Employment Status||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||College - Technical Certificate|
This position belongs to the Skilled Trades occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Skilled Trades occupation skills matrix.
Help keep Regina’s buses running smoothly! The City of Regina is currently looking for mechanics to help maintain its’ Transit fleet.
If you are seeking a career and not just a job, we offer the following: stability, safe work environment, paid training, manageable workload and advancement opportunities.
*NOTE: This competition will remain open until filled.
*Apprentices encouraged and supported.
*Note: (1) May be required to work varying shifts and rotating weekends.
(2) This competition will remain open until filled.
Typical duties include:
- Performs maintenance and overhauls bus engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, suspension, steering and all auxiliary equipment, including electrical components.
- Assists in determining and ordering parts and materials necessary for repair of equipment.
- Diagnoses mechanical and electrical defects.
- Performs Highway Traffic Board safety inspections and related repairs.
- Performs related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- Typically the knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through completion of a Journeyperson Certificate or 2nd, 3rd or 4th level in the Truck and Transport Trade, Heavy Duty Mechanics or Agriculture Machinery Technician, combined with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in any of the aforementioned trades.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices, methods, tools and equipment used in the overhauling, repair and maintenance of heavy duty and automotive equipment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and manuals.
- Ability to prepare concise reports related to all work performed.
- Ability to maintain co-operative and harmonious working relations with other employees.
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing mechanical defects on a variety of equipment.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class 1A License.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Fleet Services
Salary Grade: Schedule B (ATU) (2014 RATES)
2nd Year $28.20/Hour (Includes $1.50/Hour Market Supplement)
3rd Year $29.70/Hour (Includes $3.00/Hour Market Supplement)
4th Year $31.20/Hour (Includes $4.50/Hour Market Supplement)
1st Year $34.94/Hour (Includes $6.00/Hour Market Supplement)
2nd Year $36.00/Hour (Includes $6.00/Hour Market Supplement)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.
|Applications are being accepted until December 31, 2014
< < Back