|Openings||Up to 25|
City of Regina
Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
|Date Posted||Mar 18, 2014|
|Occupational Category||Bus Operator|
|Experience Level(s)||Not Specified|
|Desired Employment Status||Permanent, Full Time|
|Education Level(s)||High School|
PLEASE READ THE BULLETIN THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY AS WE HAVE MADE SOME SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & SELECTION PROCESS
Regina Transit is recruiting Bus Operators to become part of a pool of qualified operators who are trained and ready to step in to permanent operator positions as the positions become open and available.
City of Regina Bus Operators are skilled professional drivers who provide excellent customer service while transporting citizens in a safe and courteous manner. Bus Operators are expected to follow all applicable rules and regulations, assist passengers with transit information, transport passengers on schedule, ensure correct fees are deposited, and secure passengers as required. Customer Service and Safety are of the utmost importance; therefore, City of Regina Bus Operators demonstrate a considerable degree of courtesy and tact when dealing with the public as well as initiative, sound judgement and superior skill in operating a bus in a wide range of weather and road conditions.
Hours of Work - Regina Transit operates seven (7) days per week; therefore Operator shifts can vary substantially. Working hours can include split shifts, weekends, early mornings and late nights. Because this is a unionized environment, shift scheduling and vacation requests are based on seniority.
PLEASE READ BELOW INFORMATION CAREFULLY
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & SCREENING CRITERIA
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria. Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly indicate how your qualifications and experience meet the screening criteria. Failure to provide a complete resume could result in your application not being considered:
- Ensure that you create or submit your resume associated with the Bus Operator Occupational Category (there is a section in the online application process where you will be asked for skills and experience based specifically on Bus Operator requirements)
- Completion of Grade 12/GED
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Suitable driving record & work history record
- Experience working with the public
Please ensure that your resume includes up-to-date and relevant contact information; particularly a valid EMAIL ADDRESS. As noted below in the Selection Process, the first two steps include communication via email.
- After review of resumes and cover letters, an email will be sent to those candidates we wish to bring forward in the selection process. This email will request that the candidates respond, providing proof of education (highschool transcript or GED certificate), copy of a Driver's Abstract and; if the candidate is not a Canadian Citizen, a copy of a Permanent Resident card.
- If the documents provided are satisfactory, candidates will be requested, by email, to attend for a Written Test.
- Following successful completion of the written test, candidates will be requested to attend an in-person interview.
- Following the interview, reference checks will be completed for those candidates we intend to offer employment.
- Following a verbal offer of employment, candidates must provide a clear Criminal Record Check and proof of successful completion of the SGI written exam to obtain a Class 2 Learner’s license with Air.
- If all steps in this process are met, the successful candidate will begin the 4 week training program with the City of Regina Transit Services.
Due to the large number of applications we receive every year, it is very important to ensure that your resume sets you apart from the rest and clearly indicates what makes you the best candidate for the job. We wish all of our applicants the best of luck. As stated above, you will be contacted by email if you are selected for testing.
Division: City Services
Department: Transit Services
Salary Grade: ATU# 588 - Schedule A
Salary: $21.37-$25.12/hour ($16.03/hour during the 4-week training period)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
|Applications are being accepted until December 31, 2014
< < Back